- How does a legal settlement affect the program's expectations about payment?
- Has the program ever recommended guardianship, conservatorship, or representative payees for people being served? Has the program ever recommended that they are no longer needed? If yes, what assistance is provided to the individual, family members, or friends who choose to pursue the recommendation?
- Is the program licensed? By whom? How can I contact them to learn more about what they require for licensing? Can I see the license?
- When was the last state or local inspection, and what were the results?
- Is the program CARF brain injury accredited? Any other CARF accreditation? When was the last survey?
- Is the program accredited by JCAHO? At what level (1 year, 3 year, type 1)? When was the last survey?
- What recourse does the person being served have if they question or disagree with the quality or necessity of services being provided?
- What recourse do family members and friends have if they question or disagree with the quality or necessity of services received?
- What provisions are made for personal banking services? Where does the program keep money that belongs to people being served? How do you account for money put into your program's care, and who is responsible for this accounting?